As seen in Phoenix Magazine

Phoenix Magazine March 2010 Cover Simply Sweets featured in the March 2010 issue of Phoenix Magazine

11/22/07

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a great Thankgiving!

We spent the day with family and when we asked what dish we could bring to share, the answer was cake, of course. We (my son helped - he's almost 2 and already in training to be a future Simply Sweets employee) made these cupcakes. They're banana cinnamon with cinnamon cream cheese icing and fondant leaves. These aren't on the menu yet but we'll let you in on one of the changes starting in the new year - each month we will be offering two to three types of speciality cupcakes sold by the dozen...stay tuned for more exciting changes.

Fall cupcakes


I also wanted to post a few Thanksgiving cakes that I've done in the past - you might not think of Thanksgiving as a cake holiday, but we believe that there's a cake for every holiday! A perfect Thanksgiving cake flavor is caramel apple. This first cake is one that I did in one of my beginning cake decorating classes - my skills have improved and my style has changed but I still think its a fun cake.


Thanksgiving


This cake is one I did in my second year of classes - the icing is a chocolate glaze and the cornucopia and fruits are all buttercream

Cornucopia cake

Stumble Upon Toolbar