As seen in Phoenix Magazine

Phoenix Magazine March 2010 Cover Simply Sweets featured in the March 2010 issue of Phoenix Magazine

8/13/08

Back from vacation and cake convention

I've been back from vacation and Cake Camp for over a week now and have put together some photos from my break.

My son and I traveled to Ocean City, New Jersey, to stay with my family for a relaxing week on the beach with cooler weather.
Once back from New Jersey, I was home for a day before packing and driving to Las Vegas for the California Cake Club's Cake Camp. This was the third year that I've attended Cake Camp - cake instructors from around the world come together for 3 days of cake classes. This year I took classes from Colette Peters (Crooked Cake), Toba Garrett (Glace Sugar Cookies and Modeling Chocolate Roses), Susan Carberry (mini bride and groom cakes), Geraldine Randelsome (ohh la la cake) and Cecilia Morana (gumpaste modeling farm animals).

Here are some of my class projects:

orange, green and blue whimsical cake



mini bride and grooms tiered cakes



black dress pink and black polka dot cake



glace iced cookies from Toba Gartetts class



modeled sugar farm animals cow and pig

Stumble Upon Toolbar